Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Runic Artwork

null
Offline / Send Message
Brohmyr null
Hey Polycount!

How is everyone on this fine day? I haven't posted much yet on this site but I'm going to be changing that as I work on this project of mine.

I got in the bad habit of starting projects and not seeing them through to the end. Too many ideas that I geek over and shift way too early. So I am archiving all of them and just looking to one to see it through; and that is Runic.

I am posting this all over, and told a few friends, to put it out there and hold myself accountable 100%. I will be doing concept art and illustrations on my time to tell this story. I will create enough artwork so that by the end of January of next year, I should have enough to do a small artbook. That will be a first for me. The illustrations will help tell this story that I want to share. The concept art will help get those final designs in that I want to do, as well as prep for any 3D modeling I want to work on.

So this is what this post is to do, put down my path to get ready to walk it. The next year will only be the start. And to kick things off, here's the final design for Bowen Aislan. He is the main protagonist on this story/journey. I still have a post sheet and expression sheet to follow up (and the other 3 missing views here).

I'll keep adding to this very post as I make progress on this project. I am always down for critiques, comments, and feedback. Hope you enjoy!

And to follow that up, here's a W.I.P. (work in progress) of the first illustration.  I ended last night here and wanted to get a break to have fresh eyes on the artwork to make any changes before moving forward. Here is Bowen leaving the Bloody Leviathan for the first time in eight whole years. Currently they are in Port Tansiron. Here he starts the next part of his goal. What will it be?

Some simple, quick thumbnails as I was trying to find the right composition and arrangement that I felt describe this intro the best.

When I figured out the thumbnail I wanted to do, I blew it up and started roughing in the elements, making any changes along the way.

Did another pass to fix perspective, make more tweaks to the composition and leading lines, get some texture in there, etc. Here is where I started taking in some colour and filling in the place with other people so Port Tansiron feels like a place lived in.  

Replies