Home Marmoset

Flipbook and animated textures.

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
KaiserKloud polycounter lvl 6
Hi, i creating a character for the artstation contest, this character have a lot of candles on his costume. The question is, it's possible to use animated textures in marmoset viewer and, it's possible to make the planes of the candle's flame texture, point the camera even when i rotate the view? Thank you for any reply!
P.s. if someone know how i can get animated candle flame texture and smoke, it will be very appreciated

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello,

1. There is a custom shader that allows you to use flipbook textures in Toolbag, however, custom shaders are not supported in Viewer
    2. There is no way to make camera-facing planes in Toolbag or Viewer currently

I would recommend creating the flame shape with 3D models rather than textures/alpha planes. You could animate the mesh flickering with some simple bones, that would work in Viewer. You could set up an animated texture to flicker the emission channel too, which would work in Viewer as well.
  • KaiserKloud
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KaiserKloud polycounter lvl 6
    Hello,

1. There is a custom shader that allows you to use flipbook textures in Toolbag, however, custom shaders are not supported in Viewer
    2. There is no way to make camera-facing planes in Toolbag or Viewer currently

I would recommend creating the flame shape with 3D models rather than textures/alpha planes. You could animate the mesh flickering with some simple bones, that would work in Viewer. You could set up an animated texture to flicker the emission channel too, which would work in Viewer as well.
    Oh, thank you for the reply, i will try it!
  • CGKing