Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

I'm a complete newbie in 3d modeling (started yesterday) and would love to get some critique.

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Looks like you're getting comfortable with Zbrush, which is good!

Good rule of thumb, the default red wax mat cap is rarely an "evenly lit" material to really analyze.  You're going to want to find a grey clay mat cap to use as a default matcap instead.

I don't think the design of this creature seems well thought out, but I can't tell right now if this is from your imagination, or if you were just sketching, or if there's a specific reference you were trying to use.  Each approach has their own framework involved with giving feedback to the respective pieces.  Which one(s) were you doing?

More importantly, did you know what specifically you wanted to get better at or is it more helpful if we spell out a bullet point list you can start Googling with?
  • Lupio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lupio null
    Thanks for the response, and yeah I just went with my imagination. Also I think a bullet point list would be very helpful to me. Thank you!
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    • Study figure drawing
    • Use references.  Even a unicorn is based off a horse in some part.
    • Study figure drawing if you're planning to do characters.
    • You should show more sketches of your one idea instead of just doing one sculpt to achieve the idea.