Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Likeness to Yennefer

Elena_24
vertex
Offline / Send Message
Elena_24 vertex
Hey, Everybody! Picked up sculpting in Zbrush quite recently and decided to  model one of my favorite characters =) 
Due to inexperience with Zbrush, lack of artistic background and human head sculpting (tried a few in 3ds Max and it was very hard) I realize that my proportions are off. Could you recognize the character in my model ? Which facial features are close to the reference and which aren't? 
Critique and advise would be highly appreciated. 

References:

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Decent start. 

Mouth should be wider.

Upper eye curve should slope a little longer towards the outside.

Philtrum ridges should be softened a tad bit.

Nose bridge should be softer on the ridge, not as sharp.

Bottom Eye bag should have a more sharply pronounced wrinkle. Yours is smooth.  CDPR's is sharper.

Remember, proportions is about the size relationship between different elements, and not just the item unto itself.  Check distances between eye and mouth, not just eye to eye ref.
  • Elena_24
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Elena_24 vertex
    Thanks for the response and constructive advice, Brian "Panda" Choi .  I used the gray front\side view reference in the background and  left view in Zbrush, and the most problematic part, as you pointed out, is indeed balancing the proportions. I'll follow your guidance and hope to make it better, thanks again.