Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

HEEEEELP - lip sync are soo hard :(

Hi Guys, how are you? I'm very worried, I have to finish this lip sync but i'm struggling too much to get done,
is very bad, and i'm lost in how to fix it.

Can you guys help me please??
https://syncsketch.com/sketch/65463ac29ec5/#430062

Thank you very much!
Have a nice day

Replies

• AnthonyAnimation
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AnthonyAnimation greentooth
    A book that helped me a lot is Stop Staring by Jason Osipa. It breaks lipsync down into three steps. The first step is taking a pass at the up and down motion of the jaw. (think of a muppet). To help visualize this you can put your hand underneath your jaw and speak the lines. Notice how the jaw transitions from one pose to the next.

The next step is to do the ins and outs of the mouth. Taking the corners and making them wide or narrow to make certain sounds, like "EEE" or "O". Act out the lines in front of a mirror. This gets you a convincing result rather quickly.

The last step is to focus on transitions between letters/shapes and is focused more on polish.

You can also research visemes. It's natural to scrub through the timeline and make the shape of the mouth on the sound you hear, but when you watch the playback it will look like the shapes of the mouth are delayed. You want the mouth the hit the shapes before the sound comes out. There's a lot that goes into it, but hopefully that will help get you started in the right direction.