Home Marmoset

Is it possible to make a character rigging tool as an add-on with Python for Tool bag 3?

Offline / Send Message
Pinned
I was wondering, now that Marmoset has a new feature to do scripting with Python and animation features that support FBX rigs with skinning.  Is it possible to make a add-on on that would let you rig inside of tool bag?  I've been looking for a stand alone rigging and animation tool for while, so far haven't found one I like.  I'm still learning the basics of programming and making a tool like that might be a little out of my league at the moment, but I would definitely pay money for a feature like that in tool bag as long as it was easy to use.

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marmoset's Python system does support assigning keyframes to objects, however more complex features like creating a bone rig or assigning blend shapes is outside the scope of the Python system.

Theoretically some elements of this would be possible, but it would make much more sense to create this sort of tool inside a 3D modeling app that has native rigging tools, such as Maya, Max, Blender, etc. To do this in Toolbag you would need to write many very complex systems that would be akin to programming your own 3D modeling app.