Home Quixel Megascans

Solved: 3DO doesn't show changes automatically

polygon
Offline / Send Message
IgPerish polygon
Hi, I'm new to quixel and faced such problem: 3Do window doesn't show any changes on my model when i'm editing something? like color(albedo, gloss, specular - no mattter), any parameters of masks; also, when i'm applying new materials. The only solution - is to mouse click in 3Do viewport to make it work (like refresh).
If i use Photoshop Cs6 - all issues are described higher.
If I use Photoshop 2017 - quixel works as it should, but with a little delay. Nevertheless, when i'm editing masks it still doesn't show any changes until i click.
In both cases, the refresh 3Do button in Ddo doesn't work.
AS i'm new to quixel, maybe there is some setting, which i forgot to activate, something like "auto refresh"?

Quixel 2.3.2, Win 10, core i7 8700k, 16 gb ram 

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter

Try clearing out your Photoshop preferences. A quick way to do this is to press and hold Alt+Control+Shift as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop. If this fails, try physically deleting the preferences folder so it can be rebuilt.

Also, what scratch disk settings are you working with? Do you have ample scratch disk space?

Let us know if that helps!

Worth noting also: Quixel is our company, not our product. ;)

• IgPerish
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IgPerish polygon
    Finally, i've figured out, what was wrong.
    None of your advises helped. I tried to delete preferences inside photoshop and either a .psp file in the folder. Tried to increase memory space, but this changed nothing. By the way scratch space was a bit over 200 gb.
    i tried to find some settings inside 3do or ddo, and found a popup menu with 2 commands - "3DO topmost" and "Runs In background".
    I had them both checked, so when i unchecked "3do Topmost" it started working.
    Anyway, tnx for you answer
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Glad to see you're up and running again. Let me know if you need anything else.