Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Kasmir (Pathfinder)

Hey guys, here is the first character I have made for my portfolio. It is based on the character Kasmir from pathfinder.
Comments and critiques are always welcome. Cheers!
More high res images and wireframe can be found on my artstation.
https://www.artstation.com/p/BEmnrm

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    What was your dreadlock solution?
  • Aydhe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aydhe polycounter lvl 5
    yup, also curious about it. Looks great though
  • AlexCashmore
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aydhe said:
    yup, also curious about it. Looks great though
    I am planning on doing a more in depth breakdown of a few trhings and putting it on artstation, but it basically has duplicated geo tubes on the outer dreads, what have displacement and an aplha on them and a lot of cards. :) 

Also Thank you for your kind words 
  • jStins
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jStins interpolator
    Nice piece you got here, but the eyes are feeling very dead to me. Are you separating the cornea from the rest of the eye and adding depth to the iris with geo or normal map? I might try increasing the power of the fresnel on the outer layer of the eye or possibly just decrease the overall reflection.
  • AlexCashmore
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jStins said:
    Nice piece you got here, but the eyes are feeling very dead to me. Are you separating the cornea from the rest of the eye and adding depth to the iris with geo or normal map? I might try increasing the power of the fresnel on the outer layer of the eye or possibly just decrease the overall reflection.
    Thanks, I had some things i was unhappy with and have updated it on my artstation.  The cornea is seperate geo from the Iris, both of which have normals. I will look into it, thanks!