Home Adobe Substance

ray distance issue

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
modimist polycounter lvl 2
So my issue is that the normal's aren't baking correctly because of the rays hitting a near by mesh I'm thinking. Well the solution would be to adjust the ray length which i did but that didn't help. Second solution would be to set "Match- by mesh name" which I also did and it fixed the problem but also caused another one. The AO now isn't seeing the other mesh and looks too clean. Any help is much appreciated. I deleted the screen caps off my PC but the log file if anyone can use that, and images of the problem are all on the allegorithmic forum link below. Thank you!

https://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php?topic=24208.msg95046#msg95046

Replies

• Jerc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator
    The AO has its own matching setting, you can set the global matching to Match by name and the AO to Always.
  • modimist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeah that's what I was told on the allegorithmic website, the link in my post. But again, it doesn't help. If I set the AO to "always" which is default from what I can see, (unless I'm in the wrong place), and set the global under "common" to "match by name", the AO does not see the other mesh, leaving me with a clean surface, no dirt/darkness where the 2 meshes meet. Pics in the link above. Thank you for the response.

Edit: Was told to try unchecking "Ignore backface" and that seemed to do the trick.
  • modimist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alright, this is driving me crazy. I have done so many trial and error runs my head hurts. Seriously starting to think this is a bug and not my own doing. How can one texture set see mesh but not the other? All meshs have the same exact settings on export from blender and the same bake settings in substance. Waiting on a response from someone at allergorithmic but thought I'd bring this up again here cause "ignore back faces" didn't help. Just one example in the pic.