Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Phenopeia

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Phenopeia polycounter lvl 2
Hi,

I am fairly new to Polycount forum and I am looking for the ways to interact with the game arts community and improve my own arts skill.
I have 3 yrs of experience as 3D generalist, however I feel I am waaay too far from the place I want to be with my art yet.  Last summer I graduated from film school, however, I am more passionate about game industry than movies and I'm looking forward on improving my computer graphics skills to be able to join game development projects.
Today I kind of want to turn the next page in my journey and try to dedicate every bit of my free time to modelling, texturing and also concepting. I'll post here sketches, wips and studies and other related stuff I'm working on.

Thanks for coming by and feel free to comment and give honest critique! :)

Replies

• Phenopeia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is the latest 1-2 hrs long sketch I did some days ago. I finally received my Huion tablet and I wanted to try to hand paint textures. Here is the first try. Didn't paint too much - just added some details to the characters face.
  • Phenopeia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Last week I did two intense modelling sessions, where I tried to make about 10 handpainted low poly models during the span of 5 hours. In the end I didn't manage to do more than 6 assets (so, it's ~45 min on one asset). The aim was to just "model away" and practice without spending too much time on thinking and worrying too much that models will look crappy. In the end I am quite pleased with the result. Ofc there is still a long way to go.
    P.S. The texture on the cat is so wrong. I remember how I was almost falling asleep by the computer, but I just had to add the cat to the magic asset "pack". :D