Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

I Made a Procedural Stop Sign in Substance Designer

Hey everyone, I just created a procedural stop sign inside of Substance Designer. Everything is 100% made in substance.

I tried going for a beaten up look to add some personality to it but you can definitely make it look however you want. I've been using Substance Designer a lot more lately to try and get better at it, so I've decided to make something a little bit odd. If you think something looks off or have any questions feel free to tell me! These first few images are rendered in Marmoset.

The sign rendering in Designer, just thought I'd include it. The substance graph in Substance Designer, I really tried to make it organized since it was pretty chaotic looking before. Here is the albedo map!

Replies

• aclund3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aclund3 polycounter lvl 6
    Looks really good!  To push it even further, I think you could possibly vary the amount/size of the scratches, scuffs, etc. a little more.  The wear is a little too even for me, especially through the letters.  Possibly try for a few larger indentations/scratches and concentrating the medium type wear in a few areas.  The GIF shows extra reflectivity around all 4 corners of the lettering, which I think you could vary up a bit... Just some thoughts.
  • MushedBanana
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @aclund3 Very good feedback! I'll take that advice and post some new photos to the thread once I get it done. :smile: