Home Technical Talk

3DS Max Weird Ghosting

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
TJWON polycounter lvl 4

I have this weird issue with the mesh, just a single face!
The wireframe is for some reason duplicated and when i drag the actual face it doesnt have a wireframe.
Its not ghosting as only the 2 above wireframe exist.
Using 3DS max 2016

Seek your kind guidance on this matter! 

Replies

• musashidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    When Max starts to randomly act crazy just save your scene and restart the program. The longer you run Max non-stop in a single session/scene the more garbage it collects. Restarting can flush the scene(sometimes you might even have to merge all objects to a fresh scene, but this is rare)
  • TJWON
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TJWON polycounter lvl 4
    yeah it fixed by restarting, tks! Max really has issues man, especially when suddenly mesh with a fdd modifier becomes an alien spikeball....
  • PolyHertz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyHertz polycount lvl 666
    Just fyi, if your entire mesh disappears at random in Max it can be caused a lack of VRAM. I had that issue years ago on an older video card, and until I got a better one the solution I used was to either restart Max or refresh the material applied to the mesh (assuming you just have the first basic material applied run; meditMaterials[1].DirectX_Manager.enabled = off ).

• TJWON
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TJWON polycounter lvl 4
    ic, most likely its not the vram coz I'm using a card with 8gb of vram.. But thanks for the information.