Offline / Send Message
alex_kim polycounter lvl 2

Hope people love it :0

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    The surface area of the whole object is monotone.  Is there a reason for why the cutting edge has the same surface quality as the non-cutting surfaces?
  • alex_kim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello, Brian. 

Actually, there is no specific reason. I just would like to create the integral (One-Material) knife which is the handle and blade are the same, but the sharpness.

If someone created it in the real life, whole material is same. But blade is very sharp yet handle is very dull. So, people can graph it without cutting their fingers.
  • Joopson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    I think what Brian is saying is, sharpened edges have a certain surface character compared to non-sharpened edges.

Sharpening is polishing to a fine edge. Therefore, the sharpened bevels should be shinier, smoother, more uniform, than the rest of the object.

Kind of like what you see here:

Or here: [Link]
  • alex_kim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello Joopson. Nice to meet you.

Sorry for late answer. Recently, I try to focus on the substance painter job.

I just modified the blade as you suggested. However, It does not looking good well yet. I will fix more, and upload it as soon as possible.

Thanks. 

• alex_kim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yep, I fixed the bugs.

I hope you like it

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Needs a better and more interesting lighting and camera set up.  3 point lighting set up.

Needs roughness variance/noise on the surface, or at least lighting that communicates it's there.

It doesn't make sense the bas relief of skulls would also be on the striking edges.  Why would the end of a blade that makes contact with surfaces to damage have an intricate design on it?

Looks improved, it's just the presentation that's hampering it.  Look at how tthe axe photo above is set up as a template.