Home Marmoset

Multi Layer PSD & Multiple Texture Sets not working

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
ZippZopp polycounter lvl 12
a bug perhaps?

I have 6 texture sets in a single bake group.  If i click "multi layer psd" and bake, I get no PSD file.  The mesh bakes because I can see the textures in the viewport but they aren't present in any PSD in my directory where I've saved the file. 

If i uncheck Multi-Layer PSD, it outputs all of the individual files correctly.  Any idea what might be happening here? 

EDIT: ok, so it works now by adding a full path in the output field. by default, there wasn't a full path to the output file. So I typed a full path and it seems to have fixed it. 

Now that it works though, I open the file in Photoshop and it has all of the bakes, but they're not named by texture set.  as a suggestion, maybe the PSD makes groups per texture set and names the group accordingly.....or......a multi layer psd per texture set would work 

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Peter, looks like you caught an interesting bug here, we'll make sure that each texture set is saved to a unique PSD for the next update.

As far as paths go, by default it will save the PSD next to your .tbscene file, and if you haven't saved the .tbscene file yet it should prompt for you to select the directory.
  • ZippZopp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks for getting back to me.  

it may not actually be related to the pathing.  I need to do a little more investigation, but it could be related to the fact that I chose different texture resolutions per textureset.  With Multi-Layer PSD selected it probably can't resolve the different resolutions into a single PSD
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZippZopp said:
    thanks for getting back to me.  

it may not actually be related to the pathing.  I need to do a little more investigation, but it could be related to the fact that I chose different texture resolutions per textureset.  With Multi-Layer PSD selected it probably can't resolve the different resolutions into a single PSD
    Yes this is a bug that causes corrupt PSD files to be written. This will be resolved in the next version with saving a unique PSD per texture set. For the time being I would recommend not using the layered PSD feature if you've got multiple texture sets at different resolutions.

Sorry for the hassle, this is a case that we didn't run into during testing.
  • ZippZopp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    not a problem. I'm happy to have found a bug for you guys.   I'm currently working on a pretty complex asset and ran into a few other issues.  would you want me to email in to you guys or post some of my findings here?
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZippZopp said:
    not a problem. I'm happy to have found a bug for you guys.   I'm currently working on a pretty complex asset and ran into a few other issues.  would you want me to email in to you guys or post some of my findings here?
    Yeah, please send me an email at joe@marmoset.co with details of any problems you're having and I will follow up, thanks!