Home Marmoset

MARMOSET - Light issues / mesh export ?

null
Offline / Send Message
dimaz null
Hi everyone,
my first post on Polycount ^^
Unfortunatly it's for an issue i'm experienced on Marmoset while i was making my character' lighting.

So, as you can see on the screen below, my mesh is exported from Maya 2018 (smoothed), but when i drop a light on my Marmoset scene, faces got this strange harden style.
I don't why it append and it's very embarrassing :x

I hope someone have experienced and solved this issues before.
Thank for reading this and for your interest :)

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi, what version of Toolbag are you using? This was improved with Toolbag 3.04.
  • dimaz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dimaz null
    Hi, i'm on the 3.04 now.
    It's a little bit better, but still, it's not really solve. :/

Is it a common issues ? :o 
    Could i do something to avoid it ? I'm a beginner and my production workflow need to be improve, so if i d made a mistake :)

Thank you again :)
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Generally speaking this happens because of the shape of the polygons, while the mesh looks smooth because the normals are smoothed, low poly meshes are generally rather faceted, and this faceting causes these sort of artifacts in the shadowing system.

A few things you can do:

1. Try adjusting the light width setting, this will turn the light into an area light and will help to blur the shadows and can reduce these faceting artifacts
    2. Add more geometry to your mesh, the easy way to do this without changing the model at all is by turning on PNTriangles in the Tessellation slot of the material
    3. Try adjusting the position of your light(s), light position tends to have a big effect on this sort of artifact
  • dimaz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dimaz null
    I'll definetly do this !
    Thank you for you help and your time, it's awesome :)