Home Royalties or Post-Launch Compensation Work

[wanted] Character/Technical Artist for R&D: human rendering

SaberRider
null
I was reading about the annual competition called Loebner Prize https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loebner_Prize tldr: humans chat with either a human or a bot and have to judge whether the other side was a human.

Goal:

As I am a graphics researcher, I've immediately fallen for the idea to do the same for human rendering. Luckily there are a lot of ways nowadays to see other humans on the internet (Skype, Chatroulette, etc.), hence the environment for validating realistic rendering of humans exists already.
The project is split into several smaller milestones:
1. Render some body part in a convincing way, most likely not the head, as this is what we humans are most sensitive to. Yet this milestone is already very challenging, as the whole camera setup, image processing and skin rendering etc. has to look photorealistic. From the art side, this means: flawless model, rigged, basic animations, skin layer textures. Optionally: wrinkle maps etc.
2. Head rendering: this time we'll focus purely on the head: hair, eye, lips, SSS, soft body interaction (e.g. closing lips), saccadic eye movement etc. Optional: lips sync with audio
3. Whole body movement and rendering in a simple environment. Interacting with simple props e.g. in Chatroulette with the keyboard+mouse.
4. Cloth simulation
5. Customization / Adaption of shapes

You:
I would like to join force with one or two artist. Someone with a very sharp eye to detail and willing to push visuals, in a perfect case, with experience of human rendering (eventually in offline rendering). But also someone with technical knowledge, as there will be challenges e.g. how to setup the hair rendering.

Reward:
I don't want to build pipe dreams, of how ridiculously rich we gonna be, as this is (and has to be) a very passion driven R&D. But I have no doubt that virtual human rendering will be a big thing soon. Just think of all the bots (Cortana, Siri, Alexa, etc.) that would become a truly personal assistant if users could customize.