Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gungriffon Geona polycounter lvl 18
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    hehe, it's a torpedo breast.

That being said, I apprecaite the balance between the greebles and covered surfaces.

Where's your prototype?
  • Lukeman87
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lukeman87 node
    It looks like a pretty start! I like the color scheme and the shape of the mech. I appreciate the concept art too. I would, however, think about adding more detail with the front armor, whether it's model additions or texturing on the material. It just looks a bit lackluster compared to the texture in the back legs. Just a few thoughts! Keep pumping the models out!
  • Gungriffon Geona
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Brian "Panda" Choi
    still working on the prototyping of things. at the moment it's just the standard UE4 box area while testing movement and other things, I just wanted to have a pretty asset to keep me motivated, haha.
    And thank you! I tend alot towards 'would this be a cool toy?' with mechanical design rather than going down the path of explicit machinery, so it's good to know I got that right for the most part. It's actually a bit difficult to make something 'where the character ends and machine begins', if that makes sense to say. Even if the thing has no AI or personality, it should atleast have a character to it (though this does have both of those things, haha.)

@Lukeman87
    I've had a few people say this. I've been wanting to, but i'm struggling to find things to add that won't become too busy or me repetitively adding the triplicate hole thing I usually abuse to death.
    But that's why multiple passes are important, so when i get around to damage states or other things I'll try to do more work.

• CarlCraft
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CarlCraft polycounter lvl 9
    I agree, there is tons of detail in the back but almost none in the front. Either lose detail in the back or add in the front is my suggestion. Silhouette is dope. Keep it up!
  • Gungriffon Geona
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I guess I should go ahead and do that now before i move on to other things. is there anything in particular that you'd like to see? I'm more than willing to try any suggestions!