Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP Dr. Strange

Kgizzi
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Kgizzi polycounter lvl 2
Hey guys. Going to be posting some progress of a project I'm working on making what will hopefully look like Benedict Cumberbatch as Dr. Strange from the movies. Any critiques welcome. Don't afraid to be harsh, I know I'm not that great yet. This is my second project I've done I'll be trying to take to a final render.

Replies

• Kgizzi
    Offline / Send Message
    Kgizzi polycounter lvl 2
    Hey guys, here's an update. So far I just have the head. I've pretty much reached the point with the likeness that I'm currently capable of without 3rd parties telling me what's wrong I think. I know it needs more asymmetry right now right off the bat. I also don't know any methods for making hair look really "wet" and stuck together in Xgen if anyone can suggest some. Also, does anyone know how I would add in gray hairs of different colors? Any other critiques welcome too. Thanks.

• NikhilR
    Offline / Send Message
    NikhilR polycounter
    Looking good so far. Though I think you missed adding enough larger wrinkle details to the zbrush model prior to using mari for displacement. Also you'd need to make them deeper and more prominent.

Its either that or the depth of your displacement map (zi-ntensity) or lighting in maya using arnold, that's my guess.

Would help to see a pic of the mesh with displacement and no color map, so it'll be easier to assess just how far you've pushed the detail (vs relying on displacement maps.