Home Career & Education

Where can you find a programmer?

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Alchemical polycounter lvl 6
I've wanted to make a game for quite sometime now akin to good ol adventure platformers. It'd be a lot of fun, I'd learn the processes, trials of making it and collaborating with others. Finally, I think I have a mate on board for the design and Modelling, now all we need is a programmer. Some of you may be asking why I don't just pop open a fresh install of Unity and copy-paste a mint script and call it a day but I think it defeats 25% of the purpose to leave someone out of doing that. Having the experience to work with someone not too familiar with what I do and neither I, is something I don't want to cheat my way out of.

Now I've searched the pantry, closet, bathroom, violently shaken my PC to see what falls out to no avail and Im hesitant to the consequences of stealing a code monkey from a business or knocking on the cellar windows on every house I see (because eventually I'd knock on my own window and break apart from the existential dread of my life choices) and I get the impression Polycount isn't teeming with these kinds of people but I also think maybe someone around here know's a spot on the internet that does.

TL;DR
Maybe someone has or will have at one point or another a similair dilemma like me so I figured it'd be a relevant question:

Where can I rustle up a/some game programmers?

Cheers

Replies

• lefix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lefix polycounter lvl 11
    Been in a similar dilemma, I ended up learning to code within a couple of weeks, after waiting for several years, and I only regret not doing it sooner.
  • huffer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    huffer interpolator
    unrealengine (or unity) jobs boards, reddit gamedevclassifieds or INAT (i need a team), linkedin searches.
  • Alchemical
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alchemical polycounter lvl 6
    huffer said:
    unrealengine (or unity) jobs boards, reddit gamedevclassifieds or INAT (i need a team), linkedin searches.
    Cheers mate, I'll have a look ^^

lefix said:
    Been in a similar dilemma, I ended up learning to code within a couple of weeks, after waiting for several years, and I only regret not doing it sooner.
    Oh hey man wanna join working on a game? :^)

That's super cool tho, I wouldn't mind learning it myself one day, but I am a big stranger to math and would have a hard time keeping track of everything coding involves.

• PyrZern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PyrZern polycounter lvl 12
    I wouldn't mind a group of artists trying to learn UE4 together xD