Home Marmoset

Importing Camera with animation into Toolbag 3

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Jon Mills polycounter lvl 6
Hey all, 
I have been trying to import an animated camera into toolbag but having no luck so far, was wondering if this is doable, and if someone has a work flow/ solution for getting a camera in from Max/Maya. 

So far i have tried exporting an animated character+ scene assets+camera as an FBX, whilst checking the export options to contain all necessary things. Everything but the camera is coming through correct!

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yes this is possible, you may need to enable "bake animations" or something similar from the FBX export dialog. Make sure you're exporting any dependent objects as well, for instance if you have some sort of rig that the camera is attached to, export the whole thing rather than just the camera. If you have a very complex or odd rig it's possible that what you're attempting to do isn't supported by FBX.

A good way to test if your export settings are correct/if what you're trying to do is supported by FBX is to export the file and then import it back into your 3D app and verify that the camera animations are coming back in. If you're able to load the camera back in your 3D app but it isn't coming into Toolbag, please send us an emailed to support@marmoset.co with a description of the problem and an example file so we can debug it. Thanks!
  • Jon Mills
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jon Mills polycounter lvl 6
    thanks for the reply, looking back at it i realised i was using a 'phys camera' rather than a 'free camera' in Max. seems as though toolbag dosent like the phys camera, possibly due to its properties in terms of FOV etc being different. All seems good now though, thanks for the help!