Home Unreal Engine

Lightbake not affecting static meshes placed via blueprint script , despite being set to static.

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
Skamberin polycounter lvl 13
Hello, In my scene I got a blueprint script setup for easy placement of certain static meshes. Initially they were all placed as moveable until someone pointed out to me that they would not be baked properly if this was the case.
I set the nodes in the blueprint script to static, as well as the spline and with that done all the meshes placed via blueprint got a lightmap density map and seemed ready for bake.

However, whenever I bake my scene, no matter the quality, I get errors about unbaked lighting, and any attempt at packaging the scene to an executable ends up being done without the proper lighting baked in.

So far I've tried switching engine versions (Currently on 4.16.3, tried 4.19.1), deleting the swarm cache file, cloning the project, cloning the map itself and re compiling the scripts to make sure they work.

Despite all that, meshes placed via construction scripts do not get included in my bakes, I tried some googling which resulted in the suggestions above but still no luck.

If anyone knows how to fix this it some work around it would be greatly appreciated, I'm not super familiar with Unreal Engine 4s lighting system yet, so It might be a simple fix, but either way thanks for any help!