Home Marmoset

3.04 Hotfix - Another Skew Issue

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Geosmith polycounter lvl 6
It's good to see the previous skew issue fixed but there still seems to be another bug. Currently this has only happened to me but if I find someone else I'll be sure to mention it.

Seems now that at certain points any painted skew is ignored when baking. I noticed this once in marmoset, but I ended up importing all of my textures into painter before I realised everything was still distorted.
Here's some screens, clearly these parts are painted already. My workflow has never changed, so I end up painting skew, after that I bake all the maps and import into painter.

I don't know exactly what triggers the issue but, rebaking doesn't fix it until I actually click on the 'low' folder of a baking group and I am able to see the skew. Once the skew is shown, it seems to fix the issue when I bake again. Here's a demo:
Painted skew isn't baking > I click on the low group and skew that I've already painted is shown > bake now fixes it.

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Gabriel,

Sorry for the problems with this. There is a bug with the latest hotfix, the skew data is loaded from older files but isn't initialized until you've selected the Low object. This should only happen for old scenes, updating the file by selecting each Low object in the scene and saving it with the latest version should sort it out. Let me know if you're seeing this happen repeatedly (for instance, after you've updated, saved, and opened the file again), or with newly created scenes.

• Geosmith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey @EarthQuake !

It definitely seems to be a recurring issue. To confirm, I'm not the only person having the issue, at least one other says he's having it.
    The issue appears whenever the file is re-opened. It happens even in completely new marmoset scenes, with fresh bakers. 
  • Grubber
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Grubber polycounter lvl 14
    Hello this is happening for me as well. I am working in a new scene, and selecting Low object and saving does not help.

Is there a way to roll back the version of Toolbag?
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys, you're correct that this is a re-occuring issue, with further investiagation it appears that the skew maps are being loaded but not initialized, clicking on the low poly object per for each group when you load an existing file should resolve the issue. This is something we plan to fix in the next update of Toolbag.

@Grubber you can roll back to 3.03 with this installer: https://s3.amazonaws.com/mset/download/release/toolbag_install_303.exe
  • Geosmith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @EarthQuake
    Thanks for letting us know. Is there an ETA for the next update? Toolbag updates are really rare, hopefully this could come out as a hotfix soon?

Also regarding the LOD baking: http://polycount.com/discussion/201079/lod-baking-in-marmoset
    Has this officially been noted as a bug/issue & will this have a fix soon? 

There's also an issue at least for me with rolling back, which is the fact I own marmoset on steam. I'm limited to a 30 day trial if I use the installer which I believe has already ran out for me. 3.03 also misses out on really great baking features introduced with 3.04.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Geosmith said:
    @EarthQuake
    Thanks for letting us know. Is there an ETA for the next update? Toolbag updates are really rare, hopefully this could come out as a hotfix soon?

Also regarding the LOD baking: http://polycount.com/discussion/201079/lod-baking-in-marmoset
    Has this officially been noted as a bug/issue & will this have a fix soon? 

There's also an issue at least for me with rolling back, which is the fact I own marmoset on steam. I'm limited to a 30 day trial if I use the installer which I believe has already ran out for me. 3.03 also misses out on really great baking features introduced with 3.04.
    Hey Gabriel,

We do not have an ETA for 3.05 yet but it will be a smaller release than 3.04, so hopefully sooner rather than later. The LOD issue is logged in our system and slated to be fixed for 3.05 as well.