Home Career & Education

Think Tank Online - Asset Creation Program Feedback?

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Marshkin polycounter lvl 9
Hey Polycounters.
I've poked around a little in past threads, and haven't found much on Think Tank Online. 

Has anyone taken their online program? What were your experiences/thoughts?
I've seen a few reports from people who took their on campus program but nothing about the online portion. 

I'm thinking of taking the leap of quitting my full time job of 8 years to go to school full time. (I learn best in a school environment - CGMA was fantastic for me, but I need a Canadian solution to allow me access to student loans)

Replies

• Taylor Brown
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Taylor Brown ngon master
    I'm starting with TT online in a few weeks. I've had access to the private chat portal and forums for a few months now. The quality of work my soon to be peers are pumping out regularly is fantastic and they are all learning up to date software/workflows. Everyone in chat, which is a fraction of total students, is very warm and helpful. The only complaint I've heard is that people don't sleep. Most people are reporting a courseload of about 40-60 hours a week.

I was slightly concerned at first that there wasn't a lot of concrete information insofar as curriculum. My fears were abated recently when there was a program wide video conference with all the path directors. It cleared up a lot and even helped me decide what I wanted to focus on (props/environments).

I did a ton of research in preparation to pick a school. I have zero reason to believe its a hoaxy snake oil operation. I'm also happy to say there are quite a few women enrolled and the student body is comprised of people of all ages and parts of the world. Brings a cool perspective to things.

I hope you'll join us!
  • Marshkin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marshkin polycounter lvl 9
    Thank you @crawl
    That was a really good read! It's good to know that it seems fairly active, even before starting the actual classes. 

• artbychien
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    artbychien polycounter lvl 8
    @crawl
    Thank you so much for sharing the experience with Think Tank Online.
    I am thinking to enroll the TT online class, your comment really helps.
  • Taylor Brown
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Taylor Brown ngon master
    @artbychien
    I'm glad to hear that! Your artstation challenge submission seems to be a big hit so far! Good luck with it :)

@Marshkin
    There's a lot of great educational sources out there and a lot of not so great ones. Happy to have given some helpful info. Get in while you can! :)