Hi guys! I need to start being more active here since some my projects sometimes actually end up as lowpoly these days.
I'm currently working on an Overwatch fan character between a ton of other projects. I've been keeping a blog
on my ArtStation but since I don't want to spam it too much a lot happens between updates which is not the best way to get feedback. Should've probably done this earlier.. better late than never.
Her name's Vee and she's a toxicologist from New Zealand. Still very much in the 3d concept phase so I'm just trying out whatever comes to my mind. I've played around a few designs and have my favorites, but I'm still trying to keep an open mind in case I get better ideas.
She started as a very small project but I ended up making it a design challenge for myself. So while I'm just having fun with sculpting I'm also trying to focus on:
- The silhouette, so it works with the existing heroes.
- Color scheme, make it fun, make it unique.
- Personality and how it reflects her design, how to differ from other heroes.
- Weapon, mainly the type and silhouette but I'm most likely going to end up thinking about skills and play style as well.
- ..probably something else too I can't think of atm
A few of her newer designs:
so much focus on the boots..
"Thumbnails" I started from:
Hair and mask variations:
So I'll continue from here. Feedback and critique are very welcome!