Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Swan Class Sloop - Sails of War [UE4]

Styled after a Royal Navy Swan-Class Sloop (1766) this Sloop-of-war model I made for my personal game project Sails of War.
I posted a link to my ArtStation ( I added a couple more pictures then I posted here) on the Polycount Discord yesterday, but thought to share it here as well. C&C welcome and much appreciated!

She was quite the beast to make. Water and sky – pretty much everything you see is made by me.
As the title reads it's all UE4 and the water and ship materials turned out to be quite complex - but not overly taxing - in the end.
The ship one mixes tiling textures, titling overlays and unique overlays – all of them with switches and parameters so they may be turned off.
The flags and sails are on their own material, again with possible UV2 overlays (especially for the sails where the extra detail is needed).

The game itself will see ships from a behind in a typical vehicle following fashion – so some of theses screenshots get a bit closer then the game will end up being.

It super awesome to finally be able to share this work, and I am really looking forward to making and sharing more ships. Production should speed up now that master materials and pipeline are done!

Again C&C is much welcome, hope you like it!

Replies