Home Marmoset

Nvidia Video Card Crash while using Marmoset Toolbag 3 (v3.04)

null
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
timmy_0391 null
Hi Folks,

I'm encountering an issue while using Marmoset Toolbag 3 (v3.04) : The video card pilot just crashes : Black Screen ! Only option is to reboot my computer. My video card is a NVidia gtx 970 and I'm using the latest pilot (397.31). Even with the previous pilot, it started to crash.

Do you guys have any idea where the problem is coming from ?

Thanks a lot,
Tim

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Hi Tim,

Does the crash happen while doing anything in particular?
  • timmy_0391
    Hi,

Well, no actually. Either I'm actually tweaking my scene or keeping the software on, it crashes randomly. This is very awkward. One of my friend told me it could be appearing from the scale of the scene (in meters) but i'm not sure yet.
  • EarthQuake
    If it's not happening during specific actions it's difficult to guess why the application would crash.

Is your scene very complex? Many meshes with lots of dense geometry and/or many high resolution textures? Lots of lights? If you're running out of video memory that may be the reason for the crashes.

Having the scale set to meters is unlikely to be the cause, that shouldn't result in any problems.

We can have a look at your scene if you can package it up. Please send it to support@marmoset.co with a description of the problem and any details related to reproducing the crash. The easiest way to package the scene is to go to File -> Export -> Scene Bundle and zip up the .tbscene and /assets/ folder.
  • timmy_0391
    All right, will do ! Thanks again.