Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Be My Joi

polycounter lvl 2

Replies

• franman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    franman polycounter lvl 13
    At first glance it looked like an actual photograph.

Great work, looks very real.
  • Alchemical
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alchemical polycounter lvl 6
    The way you rendered the dress's material is fantastic :open_mouth:

One thing that strikes me as odd is the right side of her mouth. I feel as if it needs to be a bit longer into the face. To me it looks like the part of the lips facing away from the camera is a lot bigger.
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    very impressive, it definitely looks like her, there are some odd blobs along the ridge of the nose but that could be accurate for all I know.
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    I'm utterly noobish to painting so can't offer any major critique, other than this rocks :smiley:
  • RobertRoehrig
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RobertRoehrig polycounter lvl 2
    franman said:
    At first glance it looked like an actual photograph.

Great work, looks very real.
    Thank you so much...I really tried my best to make it realistic.

The way you rendered the dress's material is fantastic :open_mouth:

One thing that strikes me as odd is the right side of her mouth. I feel as if it needs to be a bit longer into the face. To me it looks like the part of the lips facing away from the camera is a lot bigger.
    Oh boy, the dress...whew...lord, that was something. That thing took forever to paint! But I'm super happy how it came out. Yeah, other people have mentioned to me that something is wrong with her mouth, and now I totally see it! Like the perspective is off relative to the face, and isn't quite wrapping around properly. I think I could warp it in Photoshop and fix it, but ah, time to move on.

Ged said:
    very impressive, it definitely looks like her, there are some odd blobs along the ridge of the nose but that could be accurate for all I know.
    Yeah, you know the reference I used had some "ruddy" type marks on her nose, so I tried to do that. Some people said it looked like she had been beaten haha. I don't believe it's that bad, but I probably could've blended the shadows and shapes a bit more softly.

Torch said:
    I'm utterly noobish to painting so can't offer any major critique, other than this rocks :smiley:
    Haha, thanks a ton! Kind words mean a lot to me for my work, despite a critique. =)