Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

M1911A1 - WWII Era

Dawsky
polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Dawsky polycounter lvl 9
Hi guys

did a retexture of an older model, as i didnt like what i was doing with the textures before. 
hope you like it, but i am here for critique, so be welcome to criticise :)

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/KYPER

Replies

• CrackRockSteady
    I think this looks really good, nice work on the metals.  Good amount of wear too, it looks realistic without going overboard.

I would post a couple images in the thread here, don't make people work to see your art ;)
  • BakertheGameMaker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BakertheGameMaker polycounter lvl 8
    Looks great! I'd love to know your texture sizes and see your UV breakdown if you're willing to share. Working on a gun myself at the moment.
  • Dawsky
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dawsky polycounter lvl 9
    I think this looks really good, nice work on the metals.  Good amount of wear too, it looks realistic without going overboard.

I would post a couple images in the thread here, don't make people work to see your art ;)
    Thanks. happy you like it.
    Good point with the images, done :)
  • Dawsky
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dawsky polycounter lvl 9
    Looks great! I'd love to know your texture sizes and see your UV breakdown if you're willing to share. Working on a gun myself at the moment.
    Textures are 1x 4k map for the gun and magazin, and 1x 2k on tthe catridge and shell. overkill for sure, but its only for the renders. 

And here is the uv map. The gun is built with VR in mind, so i kept a consistent texel density.
    There is some space left i could've utilized better tho and for scaling down to 2k, there might not be enough space between shells.
    On the artstation link in my initial post, there is a marmoset viewer file attached at the end of the thread, in case you want to dive deeper into how the gun is built.