Home Freelance Job Postings

[Closed] RTS modular characters

McDev
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
McDev polycounter lvl 2
Hello, I need Human and Animal models for a RTS style city building game targeting PC. The level of detail is accordingly low.
The tasks are divided in two categories, you can of course apply for both positions if you feel confident about that.

Ideally you should be available for irregular Jobs over the next 2 years, the project can not allow to do anything at once.
First tasks will be about the base models and rigs and some dummy animations. Later tasks will add variations and animals for example.
You must be able to follow guidelines and know your tools to provide FBX-files that match those requirements.

All positions filled.

How to apply
Send an email to contact@crowbox.de
Tell me which of the two tasks you apply for and which 3D Software you use.
Link some work related to these tasks. I can agree to bulk jobs or a per hour basis.
Modelers can also add environmental art to the reference.

Modular character Artist
I need a modeler who is experienced with rigged, modular meshes. I limited the set of pieces to the following: Body, Head, Hair, Accessories (hat, backpack). These pieces will be assembled by the engine to one mesh but have to be prepared and rigged so that no seams exist even when animating. We try to focus on texture variations and keep the amount of meshes to a minimum.

You must be able to make textures and provide a PSD file. Textures will be combined and processed by the engine as well. We might use predefined UV areas for each individual Piece (body, head, hair etc.) and use techniques like tinting grey-scaled textures for variations.
Diffuse and PBR Specular maps are the main requirement. We might discuss the use of normal maps but high poly baking is not required.

Character Animator
You will define the rig for all characters and animate them.
For each type of character there will only be one rig, so each adult human uses the same rig and set of animations.
There might be variations for animations based on gender or mood.

You must be able to provide walking cycles that fit the speed that I provide and feet should not slide too much. Variations should not differ in speed.
You must be capable to provide seamless loop animations.
We use an iterative workflow, we need rather simple prototyping animations first and refine them later.

Thanks for your interest,
Kevin Scheitler