Home Technical Talk

3DsMax script help

davidmajdi
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
davidmajdi polycounter lvl 2
hi, do you know the script make our selected edges hard or soft or 50% in 3dsmax by setting hotkey?!
i want texture my asset and use ctrl+s to make my selected edges soft or ctrl+h to make my edges hard and ...
i search script spot and other but there is no script for that.
plz help me
tnx

Replies

• PolyHertz
  • monster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    monster polycounter
    What version of 3ds Max are you using?

You don't need a script. There's a Hard/Soft button in the Edit Edges rollout of Editable Poly. And they are in the PolyTools category in the Customize menu.

Also, i don't recommend setting a hotkey to CTRL + S. That's the default save hotkey for nearly every app ever made.
  • davidmajdi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyHertz said:

tnx but download linc is not available . i also use 3dsmax 2017
  • davidmajdi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    monster said:

You don't need a script. There's a Hard/Soft button in the Edit Edges rollout of Editable Poly. And they are in the PolyTools category in the Customize menu.

Also, i don't recommend setting a hotkey to CTRL + S. That's the default save hotkey for nearly every app ever made.
    hi, i try to find it but i couldn't.  now i try again with your tip . tnx
    i also use 3dsmax 2017 .
    hotkey i said was example .tnx so much

• davidmajdi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    monster said:

i can't find them !!!
  • musashidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    Look harder. Command panel. Edge sub-object mode. Hard/Smooth buttons, and a 'display hard edges' checkbox.
  • davidmajdi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Look harder. Command panel. Edge sub-object mode. Hard/Smooth buttons, and a 'display hard edges' checkbox.
    did u read my question???  i looking for hard and soft edges in customize user inteface menu for setting hotkeys!!!
  • PolyHertz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyHertz polycount lvl 666
    First, stop with the exclamation points, it makes you sound like you're freaking out or throwing a tantrum.

Next, please show an example of exactly what you are trying to achieve. I assumed you were looking for ways to make maxs smoothing groups work like Mayas "hard/soft edges", while Monster directed you towards the edge crease feature, but perhaps you're looking for something entirely different.
  • monster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    monster polycounter
    That is what he is looking for. I'm sorry, the Hard/Smooth tools in PolyTools are not the same tools as the Hard/Smooth in the command panel. PolyTools works on Polygon selection.

I can't find a hotkey for the Hard/Smooth buttons in edge mode.

You can use these scripts. I used the macro recorder to start the creation, then added logic for EditPoly Mod vs EditablePoly.

(
    	obj = modPanel.getCurrentObject()	

if classof obj == Editable_Poly do
    	(
    		obj.makeHardEdges 1
    	)

if classof obj ==  Edit_Poly do
    	(
    		obj.ButtonOp #MakeHardEdges
    	)
    )

(
    	obj = modPanel.getCurrentObject()	

if classof obj == Editable_Poly do
    	(
    		obj.makeSmoothEdges 1
    	)

if classof obj ==  Edit_Poly do
    	(
     		obj.ButtonOp #MakeSmoothEdges
    	)
    )

• musashidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    did u read my question???  i looking for hard and soft edges in customize user inteface menu for setting hotkeys!!!
    Alright!!!!!!!!! Take it easy!!!!!!!

Customise>customise UI>Category:Polytools. Now there are 2 words in the list. Hard and Smooth. Assign your hotkeys to each of these.
  • Altea
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Altea polycounter lvl 6
    musashidan , the script from monster works. The buttons you point will ignore edge selections.
  • musashidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Altea said:
    musashidan , the script from monster works. The buttons you point will ignore edge selections.
    Strange? I assumed they would. Must be broken. Shows up in the listener. I use the Polysmoother plugin so I never tried to assign those hotkeys before.
  • Altea
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Altea polycounter lvl 6
    It works with faces as it makes reference to the existing face smooth options that already exist in the ribbon. But there are not options for edges in the ribbon , only in the command panel. And also doesn't appear in the shortcut list.
  • davidmajdi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hi, tnx for your help guys, i find it from disscord guys .

macroScript EdgeHard category:"My Scripts" tooltip:"Form Hard Edge"
    (
    $.EditablePoly.makeHardEdges 1
    )

macroScript EdgeSoft category:"My Scripts" tooltip:"Form Soft Edge"
    (
    $.EditablePoly.makeSmoothEdges 1
    )

these are works in 3dsmax 2017 and i drag them in my personal toolbar and then in customize user interface i put hotkeys for them.
    but theire name was macro 4 and macro 5.
    ofcourse i do some other scripts before and i thing macro is name for draging codes :)))
  • Altea
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Altea polycounter lvl 6
    The script from Monster also works, any difference?
  • davidmajdi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alright!!!!!!!!! Take it easy!!!!!!!

Customise>customise UI>Category:Polytools. Now there are 2 words in the list. Hard and Smooth. Assign your hotkeys to each of these.

excuse me , i dont want to say hard.
  • monster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    monster polycounter
    Altea said:
    The script I posted will work with Edit Poly modifier in addition to Editable Poly baseobject.
  • Altea
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Altea polycounter lvl 6
    Thanks, that is a lot better than only editable poly
  • davidmajdi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Altea said:

monster said:
    Altea said:
    The script I posted will work with Edit Poly modifier in addition to Editable Poly baseobject.
    tnx for your help