Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Anime Classroom - Unreal Engine 4

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Andreicus polycounter lvl 6

Hey guys, i finished my latest environment for the portfolio and i wanted to share it with you, this time is an anime style classroom that i wanted to make to see how far could i go without any retouching after the final rendering, all the images that you see are rendered in real time using Unreal. 

My main sources of inspiration for colors and lights are Makoto Shinkai works and the visual novel games and i used real japanese highschool as a reference for the models.  
There are no bakes here and i used diffuse textures only with custom shading inside the engine ( expect for the floor that has normals ).

I used Maya for modeling, Substance Painter for texturing and Material ID stuff, Affinity Photo to create the papers texture to apply onto the blackboard, Unreal Engine for rendering and the custom shading for materials and to add the outline effect, Marmoset Toolbag to showcase some props. 
I originally made the outline effect using the invert black mesh technique but it wasn't precise enough so at the end i used the "All Platform Outline Pack" from the store that use Blueprints and gives more flexiblity.

Enough talking i think, here we go with the images:

Detail Lighting only:

Modular pieces showcase:

You can find the full showcase of the props and other stuff on my ArtStation page: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/k545y