Home Technical Talk

zbrush wont export subtools - Please Help

Omen2601
null
Offline / Send Message
Omen2601 null
Hey Guys,
Im having trouble in exporting the subtools of my mesh. I have created a Mesh (human head) and I want to export it as an .obj to texture it in Mari. However when I export it, it somehow exports my mesh without the eyeballs and the teeth even when "subtools" is selected in the exports option. Now when I open my .obj in Mari to texture, there are no eyeballs and no teeth and changing the view to UV of course the eyes and teeth are missing. What am I doing wrong?
Someone told me I have to check whether my subtools are on their own UDIM and if yes if they are in their own UDIM space, but I have absolutley zero Idea of how I can check that and fix it if its not the case. I somehow managed to export it with the subtools but opening my .obj file in Mari and checking the UVs shows me that something went wrong, because my UVs in Mari are not there, its just a square of grey that looks like a glitch.

I just want to export my mesh as an .obj file and still have the UVs seperated so in Mari I can decide whether or not I want to texture the eyeballs too or not. But I want the UVs for the eyeballs and teeth shown in Mari.

Please help me, as Im getting desperate. I dont know what the issue is and how to solve it.

Thank you very much in advance.

Replies