Home Technical Talk

Short strokes on display tablet jump backwards?

Hello!
So I recently purchased a Huion GT-220 V2 and love it for the most part, but I've noticed a pretty frustrating issue where when I make short movements on it the cursor jumps backwards. I'm including two gifs to show how it's affected my color picking and using the smudge tool.
I noticed that if I turn off Windows Ink in my tablet settings the problem goes away, but then all pressure sensitivity goes away as well until I turn it back on. It's obviously really impractical to have to turn it on and off as I color pick and go back to shading and such. I've used FixMyPen and tried a number of other settings adjustments but nothing has solved it. :(

Replies

• pior
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Hello - While I don't have an answer to your specific issue problem, I thought I'd still chime in to recommend you to get a used Wacom instead of a chinese competitor. The chinese hardware *is* good (and very low priced, which is very attractive !), but driver wise they will always be playing catch up, especially with Windows10 often pushing forced updates that affect that sort of stuff.

Wacom is far from perfect in that regard either but considering their monopoly and wide install base they are much more likely to fix bugs in their drivers in a timely manner.

Sorry for not directly offering an answer - just thought I'd bring this up as something to remember for the future.
  • PolyHertz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyHertz polycount lvl 666
    Have you tried using it with LazyNezumi? I can't remember who, but a while ago someone on here said it solved a similar glitch they were having.
  • wocketpitch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyHertz said:
    Have you tried using it with LazyNezumi? I can't remember who, but a while ago someone on here said it solved a similar glitch they were having.
    I do have LazyNezumi, it hasn't seemed to fix the issue unfortunately.
  • wocketpitch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior said:
    Hello - While I don't have an answer to your specific issue problem, I thought I'd still chime in to recommend you to get a used Wacom instead of a chinese competitor. The chinese hardware *is* good (and very low priced, which is very attractive !), but driver wise they will always be playing catch up, especially with Windows10 often pushing forced updates that affect that sort of stuff.

Wacom is far from perfect in that regard either but considering their monopoly and wide install base they are much more likely to fix bugs in their drivers in a timely manner.

Sorry for not directly offering an answer - just thought I'd bring this up as something to remember for the future.
    If even a used Wacom had been in my price range I'd have purchased it. I own an Intuos Pro but felt a display tablet would be easier to use, and I was right. This is the only issue I've come across and it seems to be happening to those with a Wacom as well.
  • wocketpitch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    UPDATE!

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2134092

This seemed to solve it! Be sure to change the 2015 to the relevant year :)