Home Technical Talk

[Maya] rokoko workflow

Elie
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Elie polycounter lvl 7
Hi everybody,
I'm searching for solutions to use rokoko suit, and maya for exemple for game animations. Will I have to use also motion builder ? 

Replies

• Elie
    Offline / Send Message
    Elie polycounter lvl 7
    Hi, I have some troubles using the motion library in Unity (the arms of the character seems broken in the previs). Worst thing is that it used to work in the past... Anybody having same issues?
  • Elie
    Offline / Send Message
    Elie polycounter lvl 7
    Hey all, I'm not gonna use the rokoko, but I'll do mocap with the HTC Vive and some trackers  directly in Unity instead.
    I'm about to test out the vive ik demo as well as the Ikinema Orion. Does anybody have experience with it? 

• Elie
    Offline / Send Message
    Elie polycounter lvl 7
    I everybody, I'm working on a new project, that needs new research with no use of rokoko. I use this topic to ask in fact about Motion Builder.
    Here is where I am: I use a nice animation pack from the Unity store, apply this to my character, and I'd like to modify some animations for custom. How do you export the fbx from unity, and how do you setup your objects in your Motion builder scene? Thanks for helping, nothing seems to work for me, and characters are all broken.
  • Elie
    Offline / Send Message
    Elie polycounter lvl 7
    Hi, I still try to test again with the demo characters included with the software. When I use the previs move, drag and drop on the character story track, I've got this:

Do you know what's happening? It seems I can only play this correctly with no control rig displayed. But I will need it in order to modify the motion.
  • Elie
    Offline / Send Message
    Elie polycounter lvl 7
    Well here's where I am: I could import the walk using a drag and drop in the viewport window instead of the story track.
    But I still can't modify the keys using the control rig. I can delete them for sure. It's like the key button doesn't work fine
  • Elie
    Offline / Send Message
    Elie polycounter lvl 7
    Well I've just created my first animation layer :)
    I had to left clik on the black background of the control character on the right HIK panel, to select everything then put a key. That's it for the preview character, now I'll test it with my own characters. Feel free to share your experiences!
  • Elie
    Offline / Send Message
    Elie polycounter lvl 7
    hello everyone, do you use layers to animate in your Maya to Unity pipeline?