Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

(WIP) The Virage from: The Legend of Dragoon

Hello all,
This is a personal project that I've wanted to attempt, just lacked the motivation to start it. This is honestly my first real attempt at 3D modeling, aside from maybe 6 years ago when I attempted to model one of the Sligs from the Oddworld series, didnt end well having just a potatoe laptop at the time lol.

This is the Virage for those who arent familiar with the game:

This was the beginnings of the Virage:
This was an early pass, the main issue that bugged me were the eyes, they looked too "human" I guess is the word, but at the time I was more worried getting everything modeled out, so ole human eyes gets one more pic before they got fixed.

Hands and feet:

Human eyes fixed, some detailing and slight anatomy tweaks.

The problem I had with this version that was present with the previous eye problem was the "mouth". It reminded me of the Rakk hives from Borderlands, not something I wanted associated with the Virage:

Heres the final sculpt, and after looking back at the initial sculpt, I'm content with how it turned out. But I am open to critiques and suggestions as Im just planning out the edge flow of the retopo.

I gave it a rough paintjob in sculptris to kinda get a feel for the real pass after the retopo is finished:

Any thoughts, concerns, suggestions are welcome. Ive been casually at this for a week so far updating things I feel could be updated, Ill glady take advice from others who have more knowledge in modeling than I do.

Replies