Home Technical Talk

Zbrush Abnormal Termination

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Blouko polycounter lvl 7
Hello,

Yesterday I asked how I could do a ZRemesher without loosing detail, I thought the bad topology was the reason for the crash of my ZBrush project. It was not.

Here's my issue: Everytime I append a new subtool and penetrate an already existing subtool, ZBrush crashes with error 'Abnormal Termination' or completely freezes on me. 

If anyone has an idea on how it could be fixed, please do share.

Thank you in advance,
Blouko

Replies

• kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Waddaya mean by penetrate? What version of ZB? Copy the subtool and remesh it. then project the remesh over the original tool normally works, if that is what you are doing.
  • Blouko
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blouko polycounter lvl 7
    I use version 4R8 P2, and I meant when the objects interact with each other. I'm not sure this is the cause of the problem anymore, it seems to crash or freeze evsn though they do not enter one another. Also, I've tried remeshing another subtool and projecting it, it didn't seem to fix my issue, I thought it would though. :(
    kanga said:
    Waddaya mean by penetrate? What version of ZB? Copy the subtool and remesh it. then project the remesh over the original tool normally works, if that is what you are doing.
  • kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Im hoping someone chimes in. Could be a corrupt tool or project. You could send the  tool to pixologic, or maybe export it out as an object then reimport it into a fresh ZB scene and try reconstruct subdivide, or copy it, remesh and project. 
  • Blouko
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blouko polycounter lvl 7
    kanga said:
    Im hoping someone chimes in. Could be a corrupt tool or project. You could send the  tool to pixologic, or maybe export it out as an object then reimport it into a fresh ZB scene and try reconstruct subdivide, or copy it, remesh and project. 
    I'll try the export/import method, that might help. Thanks a bunch for the tips.