Home Marmoset

Marmoset video render colour issue?

NFEX
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
NFEX polycounter lvl 3
Hello guys.

I have a color issue with regards to rendering videos in Marmoset.  I have tried to search around but it seems like nobody has a similar issue.
Basically, this is a screenshot image of my model, in the viewport in marmoset:

If i try to export my render as an image, (by clicking on image and open),
i get this:        

As we can see, the colours between the two image above, are identical. Which proves marmoset is working as intended.

However if i try to render out a turntable, in a video format, this is the colour i get.

This is a screenshot of my exported video, at the same exact part of my model.

I'm only rendering out a normal turntable, and my video render settings are as follows.
I did not change any lighting settings or any settings of any sort between all 3 images, the only difference i did was rendering out a video, instead of a single image.

I have tried changing the quality, to 70 ( default), and sampling to 25x, but there are no difference. It seems like the yellowish parts becomes much more saturated or "red" in my final video, and i have no idea what is causing this change. 

It will be greatly appreciated if anyone has any solution to this problem. Thanks.

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is a problem with the Windows MP4 encoder. To get accurate color, you can render uncompressed video, or render an image sequence and compose it in an app like Adobe Premiere.
  • NFEX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NFEX polycounter lvl 3
    ahhh yes you're right. rendering uncompressed works! 

Is there any way i can fix my windows mp4 encoder? so that i can directly render compressed h264 vids with accurate color in the future.
    If there isn't its fine too.

Thanks a lot for the help. 
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NFEX said:
    ahhh yes you're right. rendering uncompressed works! 

Is there any way i can fix my windows mp4 encoder? so that i can directly render compressed h264 vids with accurate color in the future.
    If there isn't its fine too.

Thanks a lot for the help. 
    No, unfortunately we are not aware of a workaround for the h264 issue in Windows. If you're on Windows 7, this may be resolved in newer versions (IE: Win 10), but don't quote me on that.