Home Technical Talk

[Maya] Export Selected Command not working in Maya 2018 MEL

MBS320
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
MBS320 polycounter lvl 2
Guys, I've been using Maya 2017 for a while and have always used a simple MEL script that moved my object to the origin, froze transform and then launch export selected so that I could export it to engine, but here at work I'm using Maya LT 2018 and for some reason export selected doesn't work. I can't find any documentation suggesting they changed it. Any suggestions on how to fix it? I have to move a lot of stuff to engine and I have a hotkey set to work for export selected but I'd much rather have this fixed.

Existing script:
move -rpr 0 0 0 ;<br>makeIdentity -apply true -t 1 -r 1 -s 1 -n 0 -pn 1;<br>exportselected();

Export selected doesn't work, all I get is this-
// Error: line 3: Cannot find procedure "exportselected".

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Replies

• Axi5
    Offline / Send Message
    Axi5 interpolator
    exportselected() isn't a command, it looks like it's a global procedure. You might have a script in your preferences or startup that this is referencing.
  • throttlekitty
    Try ExportSelection; instead.

btw, The script editor is your friend. Turn on Echo all Commands to get the names of menu commands.
  • MBS320
    Offline / Send Message
    MBS320 polycounter lvl 2
    Try ExportSelection; instead.

btw, The script editor is your friend. Turn on Echo all Commands to get the names of menu commands.
    Yes, that fixed it. Thanks. I tried exportselection earlier, but I didn't use camel case lol. Also thanks for the echa all commands suggestions, usually i pick up commands from the script editor, but from Maya 2018 instead of a simple 'ExportSelection();', it now says-
    file -force -options "v=0;" -typ "FBX export" -es "location/file_xx.fbx";
    Making it tricky to infer.