Home Contests & Challenges Archives Shapeways Dota 2 3D Printing Contest Shapeways Dota 2 3D Printing - Jewelry

Meranths Executioner by Jordan Monreal

Replies

• jmon93
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jmon93 null
    Meranth Excuntioner Blade by Jordan M
  • jmon93
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jmon93 null

Meranth Executioner's Blade For this contest I went with a sword. In the game "Dota 2" I choose the Meranth Executioner's Blade cause I like how the details are and the way it looks. As for Meranth is known as "Mer". Meranth comes from a tribe look none I ever seen or heard before a tribe called the "Dark Reefs". how did i do this? first, i had researched about the game Dota 2 then I went with the sword type for this project.  the first part of the sword I had to model the blade part by using the stretch tool next was making the middle part of the blade where the hole is. But to that, i used the disc tool for it the disc tool is used to make cylinder shapes and the boolean tool is used to cut out the middle part of it. for the red wrap around the handle of the blade, I did that using a box tool to size it down so that it looks like a ribbon around it and that's using the extend tool in lightwave. the blade of the sword is divided into three parts notice how the blades are different textures of shadings by using the extend tool to match the others. As for the helt of the sword that was done separately for the handle, I used a disc tool to make the shape of the handle and the color of the helt is a dark red color.  
  • jmon93
  • jmon93
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jmon93 null
    image on Imgur