Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[W.I.P] Concept Jet car - Need some feedback on the back half( Blank space)

null
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Dhayess null
model

Hi Everyone!,

This is my first time posting so please let me know about anything I did wrong or could do better. 
This is my progress so far of a car that I am creating for my portfolio. It is part of a universe I have imagined/designed called Cuba 3033. In this universe the trade embargo Cuba has with the U.S still exists so the Cuban people have to use their special skills in implementing the new jet/flying car technology onto their old vintage cars.
Nothing on this model is final but it is getting to the stage where I have to start finalizing things. Please give me feedback if you have any!

Thank you

Replies

• Dhayess
    Offline / Send Message
    Dhayess null
    Bump , any feedback would be appreciated!
  • Skinner3D
    Offline / Send Message
    Skinner3D polycounter lvl 5
    I think if you are going to showreel it or present it, you need to finish out the effects and/or animate it slightly. It looks like you modeled in 'in action' so one of the jets is pointed slightly differently, but nothing else helps that visual. The empty square underneath doesn't really make any sense.
    If you are going for game model, I think it is pretty good. I can see a lot of the angles in the curves, so it would need higher definition if you were going for realistic.
  • Dhayess
    Offline / Send Message
    Dhayess null
    Skinner3D said:
    I think if you are going to showreel it or present it, you need to finish out the effects and/or animate it slightly. It looks like you modeled in 'in action' so one of the jets is pointed slightly differently, but nothing else helps that visual. The empty square underneath doesn't really make any sense.
    If you are going for game model, I think it is pretty good. I can see a lot of the angles in the curves, so it would need higher definition if you were going for realistic.
    Thanks for your reply!!. Sorry I'm two months late responding to you I was very busy with other work aswell as this car. I finished it two weeks after I posted this and your feedback was greatly appreciated. The car was modeled for a game preview so the poly count was kept below 30k. The empty box you mentioned was now filled and the car was made to look less "In action". I've updated this post to show the final product. I hope you like it and thanks again for the feedback!