Home Adobe Substance

SP 2018.1 - Material Layering in Unity 2017.3.1 - even supported?

19ulrich90
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
19ulrich90 polycounter lvl 8
So I'm trying out this material layering technuique from this old official tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhEI_acXjtk .

First I get this error when I import material layering package to Unity:

"Assets/Allegorithmic/MaterialLayering/Editor/AlgLayeredMaterialEditor.cs(605,76): warning CS0618: `UnityEngine.ProceduralMaterial' is obsolete: `Built-in support for Substance Designer materials has been deprecated and will be removed in Unity 2018.1. To continue using Substance Designer materials in Unity 2018.1, you will need to install Allegorithmic's external importer from the Asset Store.'"

When I try to load json file i get another error:

"NullReferenceException
AlgLayeredMaterialEditor+MaterialLayeringData.Load (System.String jsonPath, System.String targetPath) (at Assets/Allegorithmic/MaterialLayering/Editor/AlgLayeredMaterialEditor.cs:211)
AlgLayeredMaterialEditor.LoadJson (UnityEngine.Material targetMaterial) (at Assets/Allegorithmic/MaterialLayering/Editor/AlgLayeredMaterialEditor.cs:646)"

So I tried the newer Substance in Unity plugin. If a standard material is applied to a hydrant I can send it to painter, and it is updating in Unity but it's not working with layering materials shader. If I change the shader in Painter from standard pbr to pbr-material-layering i get this error in the log:

[Plugin - dcc-live-link] Exception ExportError: Invalid data path, the stack 'fire_hydrant/' can't be found in the document (:/js/mapexport.js line 24)

Any help?

Replies