Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Critique needed !!!!!!!! (D.Va Fanart)

null
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
BANSVENO null
Hey I've been working on this piece for the last 2 weeks and I'm in a stuck place where i feel like it seems off and so I can't move forward by painting details, I'm still trying to get the form right but feel like its failing. Can someone give me useful critique ? Thank you.

Replies

• Nexam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nexam polycounter lvl 5
    i think what you need is to have a better understanding of the shape of the mech, right now some part are hard to read like the bottom area.
    Your composition is not great for now: really horizontal, D.Va is on almost touching the bottom edge, but i'm no illustrator.
    I can tell you what i'm doing when i'm stuck: I grab more references and try to do some drastic change to see what work best and give me a fresh eye
  • BANSVENO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BANSVENO null
    Nexam said:
    i think what you need is to have a better understanding of the shape of the mech, right now some part are hard to read like the bottom area.
    Your composition is not great for now: really horizontal, D.Va is on almost touching the bottom edge, but i'm no illustrator.
    I can tell you what i'm doing when i'm stuck: I grab more references and try to do some drastic change to see what work best and give me a fresh eye
    Thank you this is very useful! , yea the mech is really off , I'll give it a drastic twist and fix it up and see where it leads thanks :D