Home Adobe Substance

Baking problems

imp328
null
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
imp328 null
Hello,
I'm new to substance and i'm making my first asset.
I've sculpted a old stone stair, I first tried a automatic uv to test and it had some artifacts, so I started the retopology and uving by hand. I made a second test and the baking artifacts continue appearing. It looks like seams but are present at the edge of every polygon even when in the middle of the shell.

thanks

Replies

• Markmars
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Markmars triangle
    HI
    1. it's not very like a ladder
    2. Without images hi-poly and low poly ,normal map,and uv's
    difficult to say what's wrong.
  • Noxicity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noxicity null
    Hi.
    I'm new here so correct me if I'm doing this wrong.

I have been trying to work with substance painter for several days now but I can't get into it because I can't bake my normal maps. When I try to bake a normal map from my high poly mesh the icon for the normal map turns black and I see no change on my model. I have tried exporting the model to a different computer and baked in another substance painter and it works fine there. I have looked at all the information I can find and tried everything I can come up with but nothing works. I have tried with different models, including a simple cube all get the same problem. Have anyone a tip for me? Or has anyone had the same problem?
    I'm going crazy, would be very grateful for the help.
  • Domslice
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Domslice polycounter lvl 8
    Hey @Noxicity , welcome to Polycount!

It looks to me like it might be an issue with your UV unwrap. You might try welding up some of those seams. Alternatively, if you'd like to stick with the layout you've got, try modifying the normal angles, e.g. soften them up or reset to a default 30 degrees.

Let us know if this helps, and post a couple more screenshots for troubleshooting!