polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
SaintSellotape polycounter lvl 7

Replies

• Ace
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace polycounter lvl 9
    The geo looks pretty good, having a wireframe would help with critiques but isn't required if that isn't what you're looking for.

However I think right now the main thing that sticks out to me is that the wear & tear feels very "procedural". Its very intense and looks really uniform. The material itself isn't bad but I would suggest relying a bit more on a curvature map to put the wear in spots towards the edges where the more intense wear would be, and spread out the wear on surfaces toward the center. Heres a good example of an old toolbox:

You can see how on the edges is very beat up and towards the center you have a lot more paint with some chips here and there.
    Outside of that I think it would look really good! I don't have a reference of what exactly you're trying to make so its hard for me to say much about the drill itself.
  • Tectonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tectonic polycounter lvl 10
    lovely! I had one of these growing up. I think I agree with Ace about the texturing. for my eyes the paint splatters in particular look too consistent across the model. having some areas where there aren't any white paint splatter, and an area where there's a bit more, will look better.