Home Marmoset

Artifacts on Edges

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Interface polycounter lvl 3
Hello everyone,
So just to clarify, I am new to marmoset. I've only been using it for like a week or so. And well I wanted to use it to bake my normal maps bc I was having issues with Blender's internal baking system. And I've been figuring things out and solving different issues, but this is one that I can't seem to figure out. I keep getting these odd artifacts on my edges instead of the bevels from my hi-poly mesh. Although some edges do have the bevels instead of the artifacts which I find to be odd. 

And changing the offset or even painting the offset has little to no effect on the artifacts. It could be something that has to do with my UV's but I wouldn't even know where to begin as my UV's for both my hi and low poly mesh is exactly the same and nothing is really different. Thank you to anyone who takes their time to help me out. I'm very very new to this software so any help will be greatly appreciated :smiley:

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Usually this would be one of two things:

1. You have hard edges on the low poly but haven't split the UVs (looks likely)
    2. You have hard edges on the low poly but have Smooth Cage turned off
    More info on both here: https://www.marmoset.co/posts/toolbag-baking-tutorial/

Be sure to read through the Basics and Best Results sections, as they cover a lot of common problems.
  • Interface
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Interface polycounter lvl 3
    Thanks for the reply, and I'll check that out and see which is the issue, But something is happening with my FBX export. An artist that's on my team imported my FBX into other software(and Blender), and we had found out that my UV's had messed up somehow. So atm I'm trying to see what went wrong with my export. But thanks for the reply :smiley: and I'll be sure to check all that out :smile: