Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sci Fi Suit

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Colton polycounter lvl 2
What's up everyone. I would love to get back into the Polycount community so I thought I would start off with this guy. I'm going to be poking around the forums quite a bit and giving feedback whenever possible so please comment if you feel so inclined! 

I've been saving this guy every since Heng Z posted him over a year ago. I'm stoked to finally work on him. Obviously I'm referencing a lot of Halo 5 gear.

Here's an example of one of the references I'm using. I have a folder of Halo 5 models that I'm using but you can check out a few other refs onthe pinterest board: https://www.pinterest.com/coltoncross3/d-h007/

Replies

• MarcoAntonio
    Offline / Send Message
    MarcoAntonio polycounter lvl 6
    Looks good to me so far. The only problem I see right now (besides its need of polishing) are the fingers. They are merged. It looks like you used dynamesh when they were too close. You should separate them before doing more changes.
  • Colton
    Offline / Send Message
    Colton polycounter lvl 2
    Thanks @MarcoAntonio
    I'm going to extract the hands from the base mesh I'm using underneath so I'm not worried about the fingers being merged right now. That part is just a very loose sketch atm. Any thoughts on the jetpack/back area? I'm not as confident about it because I'm coming up with it on my own

• Colton
    Offline / Send Message
    Colton polycounter lvl 2
    Quick update on the blockout. I made his proportions match the concept and the Halo figures better. I still feel like he has a bit too much of a V shaped torso. I'm going to make a few more tweaks, work on the arms/hands then go into clean up. I'm going to be focusing a lot on my hard surface workflow in ZBrush. I want to have a faster pipeline  B)B)