Telltale Games is looking for a Texture Artist to create visually compelling and creative artwork. Ideal candidates should have experience working with Photoshop painting tools, Substance Painter, and Maya, as well as have strong traditional painting skills.
- Create textures for various art styles ranging from stylized to realistic (Illustrative preferred)
- Create specular/gloss maps
- Work non-destructively within Photoshop and Substance Painter
- Work closely with Art Director and Modeling teams to provide hand-painted textures for 3D models, characters, environments, and props
- Create and maintain an organized texture library
- Work within constraints set by the technology (texture sizes, transparency limitations, etc.)
- Work within Maya to ensure UV’s are set up and utilized correctly for 3D meshes
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Strong ability to create hand-painted textures from scratch to finish (skills assessment may be required)
- An excellent understanding of color theory and lighting, and an affinity for texturing characters and props as well as architectural and natural environment elements
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop
- Familiarity with Substance Painter
- Excellent traditional painting skills
- Able to collaborate and bring creativity to a team of artists
- Be able to work quickly and efficiently under tight deadlines
- Strong portfolio demonstrating an ability to work with a broad range of subjects and styles from realistically detailed to stylized (Digital portfolio preferred, DON'T forget to include your link in the application form!)
- General understanding and experience with basic 3D modeling within Maya
- Strong working knowledge of polygonal texturing and UV layout
- Basic lighting experience
- Full understanding of texture map properties in relation to their shading and lighting qualities
- Able to create normal maps
Along with your cover letter and resume, please include a portfolio of samples that represent the range of your skills, provided that everything has been cleared for release by copyright owners. We prefer links to online portfolios if possible.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work and accept new employment in the U.S.
Telltale Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer and ADA compliant.