Home Marmoset

TB 3 baking issues - plane does net get recognized / padding causing problems?

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
3dcaspar polycounter lvl 10
Hi there! 

I'm baking in TB3 for the first time and I've a got a problem.
I made a column and one part of it is a simple plane.
Now as you can see, when baking the normal map, I get these artifacts on the edge.

When I turn padding to "none", this artifact also disappears.
I also baked a quick AO and I get the feeling that this plane does not get taken into account by the baker?
(it stays complete white)

So I already tried re-exporting and importing the low- and highpoly. I made a new lowpoly- and highpoly plane.. Nothing seems to work. 

Anyone got an idea of further steps I could take?

Thanks  for reading :) 

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You could try double checking the UVs in that area to make sure that they're within the 0-1 space and that they don't overlap with any other faces.

If that doesn't sort it, please email us at support@marmoset.co, with a copy of your scene file and high and low meshes and we'll take a look at it.
  • 3dcaspar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the response :)

Everything seems alright on that part.
    I made a test scene with new meshes - just a simple lowpoly and highpoly plane with a simple lowpoly and highpoly cylinder on top.
    I get the same issues within this baking scene. I then extreduded the edges of the low- and highpoly plane down so I get an "open box" without the bottom part; it worked fine then.

Are there by any chance known issues when baking a simple plane (and the highpoly of that plane is just a subdivided plane aswell)?

Anyways, I got it fixed this way as I can just delete the side faces of the plane/box afterwards - of course this doesn't seem optimal.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't think this is a known issue in our system, so if you can send a scene that reproduces that would be great. The simple test that you created sounds perfect. You can PM me or send an email to support@marmoset.co, thanks!
  • 3dcaspar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sent you a PM with the test scene. Thanks a lot for looking into it!