Sharp Edge (a game character)

Replies

• jacopoS
    Offline / Send Message
    jacopoS polycounter
    Hello people,
    after a looooong time, I can finally go back to this project.
    I missed working on my personal projects very much! :)

I have been redoing this lady's hair from scratch. There's still more work to do on it but I'm quite pleased with how this is going so far. So, here's an update:

• jacopoS
    Offline / Send Message
    jacopoS polycounter
    A bit of progress on this piece:
    I have been reassessing some of what I originally had in mind. I kept being unhappy with her hairstyle. So I decided to change it. I think it looks much nicer now. It's still unpolished though.
    Also I ditched the raincoat. Reason being: achieving everything I had in mind would require a huge amount of research. And while I focus on research, my portfolio keeps looking like ass. So I figured that will be a challenge for another project.
  • Nuclear Angel
    Online / Send Message
    Nuclear Angel interpolator
    Really good job so far! I especieally like her hard features and angular shapes, a very unique face but it looks great. 

One thing I think you should add is that both the bag but also the straps on the legs should affect the fabric a bit. But adding the backpack is way more interesting than with the raincoat from before. So keep going in this direction and it should be gold. 
  • jacopoS
    Offline / Send Message
    jacopoS polycounter
    Thank you @Nuclear Angel. I'm glad you like the direction this is going!

I'm planning on adding the influence of the backpack on the t-shirt. For now I just chucked the backpack model in there and moved a few vertices just to make sure the straps don't clip inside the t-shirt. Just wanted to check that it looks good volume-wise. That is still very wip.

The strap around her right leg won't have any influence on the fabric though as it will be allowed to slide up and down a bit. I still want to demo my rigging skills on this character.