Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Audi RS5 DTM

null
Hello Polycount!

I've been anonymously reading the forum for quite a long time now and thought it was time to start participating. And as I just finished a new model, it seems like a good opportunity to do so.

I used 3ds max for modeling, uv mapping, Subtance Painter for texturing and minor bakings and Marmoset Toolbag for Rendering.

Polycount:
Each Wheel: 6.885 triangles.
Cockpit: 53.576 triangles
Exterior: 88.868 triangles

I am always looking to improve my models, so your comments and critics will really be appreciated.

Thank you.

Replies

• Dmantis
    Offline / Send Message
    Dmantis polycounter lvl 4
    Really awesome work man. The interior is really great too.

I think I notice some kind of texture error/mistake though? Take a look at your second photo. On the rear spoiler on the right side, on top of the Audi rings, there appears to be a black line going across. Looks like it could have been a mis-brush :)
  • RogerThat
    Dmantis said:
    Really awesome work man. The interior is really great too.

I think I notice some kind of texture error/mistake though? Take a look at your second photo. On the rear spoiler on the right side, on top of the Audi rings, there appears to be a black line going across. Looks like it could have been a mis-brush :)

Thanks for the kind words man!

You really scared me for a moment, but the car actually has these small holes on the side of the spoiler, check it out:

• Dmantis
    Offline / Send Message
    Dmantis polycounter lvl 4
    O.o What an interesting choice they made when they designed the car. Alright, well it's a damn good model and texture @RogerThat

Do you have the interior textured at all? I'd love to see it. 
  • Analdin
    Offline / Send Message
    Analdin polycounter lvl 6
    Dmantis said:
    O.o What an interesting choice they made when they designed the car.
    It's less of a design choice, these holes are for changing the wing's angle of attack on the fly :)

@RogerThat Great model, very clean topology.
  • RogerThat
    Dmantis said:
    O.o What an interesting choice they made when they designed the car. Alright, well it's a damn good model and texture @RogerThat

Do you have the interior textured at all? I'd love to see it. 
    Here you go, i'm not very happy with the illumination on the cockpit, so far I couldn't get it right.

Analdin said:
    Dmantis said:
    O.o What an interesting choice they made when they designed the car.
    It's less of a design choice, these holes are for changing the wing's angle of attack on the fly :)

@RogerThat Great model, very clean topology.
    That's great info, I didn't know that, I love how these informations pop up now and then.

Also thank you, I focused a lot on the topology.
  • audi100
    Offline / Send Message
    audi100 polycounter lvl 11
    This is good car, i like <3
  • RogerThat
    audi100 said:
    This is good car, i like <3

Thank you very much, i'm glad you liked it :D